General Assembly’s upcoming 3-week client project cycle is Monday, February 2 through Friday, February 20. The deadline to complete the participation interest form is Friday, January 16.
WHAT ARE GA’S UX CLIENT PROJECTS?
– General Assembly’s User Experience Design Immersive Program is a 10-week, full-time, graduate-level educational program that helps early to mid-career professionals break into the field of UX design.
– UX Client Projects is when our UX design teams dedicate 3 weeks and 120+ hours of pro bono UX work to develop a design strategy and implementable deliverables for a new digital product you are working on, a new feature or function of an existing digital product, something in your backlog, or anything that could benefit from a fresh, user-centered perspective.
– There is no cost for participating, just a desire to benefit from the UX process and an interest in meeting talented UX designers that might be a perfect fit for your growing team!
WHEN IS THE NEXT CLIENT PROJECT CYCLE?
– Client projects are the final project of the UX Immersive Program and occur from Monday, February 2 – Friday, February 20.
– The deadline to complete the participation interest form is Friday, January 16.
– Upon your submission of the participation interest form, I’ll be in touch with the next steps of the selection process.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM OUR DESIGNERS
Our UX designers will present you with a user-centered, research-based design strategy and accompanying deliverables that you can begin implementing right away.
Deliverables can include, but are not limited to:
– User research (research plan, script, screener, consent, raw data, data evaluation).
– Domain research (competitive / comparative analysis, task analysis).
– Behavioral and attitudinal insights about your product.
– Representative user personas and scenarios.
– User flows, user stories, storyboards, journey mapping and user journeys.
– Concept maps.
– Content strategy insights.
– Features / functions / requirements list.
– Structural diagrams, sitemaps and navigation schemas.
– Sketches, wireframes and a 20-30 screen clickable prototype.
– User interface and interaction design.
HERE’S WHAT WE’LL NEED FROM YOU
3-5 hours/per week of availability from Monday, February 2 to Friday, February 20.
Clients must also:
– Attend a 2-hour kick-off meeting on Monday, February 2, from 1:30-3:30pm.
– Attend a 1-hour final presentation meeting on Friday, February 20.
– Be available by phone and email for team collaboration and weekly sign-offs (3-5 hours per week).
– Provide relevant analytics and metrics (qualitative and quantitative), as requested by team.
– Provide key product and design files, assets and tools (project documentation, style and copy guides, logos, symbols library, design patterns, company specific software tools).
– Provide access to your site, product and/or feature currently in development.
– Be willing to host an office site visit for design team, if beneficial to the project.
– Consent to our UX designers publishing project deliverables on their online portfolios (we do not disclose proprietary or customer information, but NDAs will not be signed).
WHAT PAST CLIENTS SAY
Clients always rave about the value they receive from participating in client projects. Here’s just one example:
“General Assembly’s UX team went above and beyond in their delivery of a comprehensive UX plan based on their knowledge, research, and user testing which we’ve been able to take and use as a foundation for the next version of our customer onboarding process.” -Stefanie at Fitzroy
Interested in participating in GA’s UX Client Projects? Complete the participation interest form by Friday, January 16.